West Australian Ballet is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the personal information you provide, and give effect to these laws by adhering to the National Privacy Principles when dealing with your personal information. We are committed to protecting your privacy.
What information we collect
In the course of our functions and activities, West Australian Ballet collects personal information from ticket buyers, people requesting programme or service information, patrons, sponsors and persons who donate or provide support to the organisation.
The information we collect generally includes your title, name, email address, postal address and other contact details. Information relevant to your relationship with us may also be collected, such as transaction details, indicated seating and event type preferences and details of donations or other support provided to the organisation.
West Australian Ballet does not ordinarily collect sensitive information, which includes information about a person's racial or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, sexual orientation, professional memberships or health information. In the event that sensitive information is collected this will only be undertaken with consent from the individual.
Why we collect the information
West Australian Ballet uses the information we collect to provide the information and services you have requested and to manage any support which you are providing to the organisation.
In addition, unless you ask us not to, we may use the information to;
- update you about West Australian Ballet, its programmes and services, such as annual subscription seasons, performances, products and special events, relevant and up-to-date company information and to inform you about products, services and events from affiliated organisations in which you may be interested
- solicit sponsorship, donations or other support for the organisation
Where we collect the information
We collect personal information directly from you, or from a person acting on your behalf, when it is provided for ticket /product purchase, subscriber procedures or online registration. Similarly, we collect information from telephone, email and written communications we have directly with you.
We also receive the personal information of customers booking for our events from the venues and facilities at which we present, and from ticketing agencies who sell on our behalf. The personal information obtained from these sources is not used for marketing purposes unless permission has been obtained from the customer.
Perth Theatre Trust Secondary Information
Secondary purpose is any purpose other than the primary purpose for which we have collected your personal information. Personal information will only be disclosed or used for a secondary purpose where:
· you have consented to the use or disclosure;
· you would reasonably expect Perth Theatre Trust to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose;
· the use of disclosure is required by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
· a 'permitted general situation' exists, such as lessening or preventing a serious threat to life, health or safety, locating a missing person or to undertake a confidential alternative dispute resolution process; and
· Perth Theatre Trust reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conduct by or behalf of an enforcement body.
We usually collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, and in some instances, some of your business details. When you are on our website, we may collect information regarding the pages within our network which you visited, what you clicked on and your IP address. As a general rule we do not collect sensitive information. However, if we do, it will usually be for the purposes of providing our services and if the law requires us to, we will seek your consent to collect it.
If you subscribe to receive promotional or other material from us or are registered for any services, then your personal information that you provide will be recorded. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it (which may include being added to our mailing list, and in the instance when we are delivering a project in partnership with another company it may also include being added to the partner's mailing list for that particular project) but otherwise it will not be added to any other mailing lists.
Parties who will have access to personal information
Generally, your personal information will only be accessed by Perth Theatre Trust staff and officers when and where it is appropriate or necessary. However, your personal information may also be accessed, from time to time, by various organisations, including:
· Barking Gecko Theatre Company;
· Black Swan State Theatre Company;
· Co3 Contemporary Dance Australia;
· Perth Festival;
· West Australian Ballet;
· West Australian Opera;
· Western Australian Museum;
· Yirra Yaakin Theatre Company;
· Perth Theatre Trust contractors;
· Perth Theatre Trust project partners; and
· Perth Theatre Trust suppliers.
Where a party, other than an employee or officer of Perth Theatre Trust, has access to the personal information of individuals, they will be required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Privacy Amendments (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles and, where appropriate, to enter into privacy agreements with Perth Theatre Trust.
Google Display Advertising
Disclosure of personal information
West Australian Ballet understands the importance of keeping your information private, and only discloses your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances.
Organisations to which we usually disclose information include;
- service providers that assist us with certain functions and activities, in which case we impose appropriate privacy obligations on the service provider (eg we may use mailing houses to send information and materials to you)
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- a service provider for the purpose of sending you information from our sponsors or other arts companies
- venues or facilities at which we present
- market research company for the purpose of understanding our market
We do not otherwise provide your information to third parties for use in marketing their own products and services to you.
Management personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information held by the organisation is kept securely, both in a physical and electronic form, and to protect the information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and from loss and misuse.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information which is no longer required for any lawful purpose is destroyed or permanently de-identified.
However, some personal information may be held for a specific period of time due to statutory requirements.
Credit card security
West Australian Ballet collects financial information to execute purchase and donation transactions. We share this information with credit card processing organisations as necessary to complete the transactions, but no credit card information is shared with any third parties or stored permanently on our web server.
Access to and correction of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe your information holds errors or information is missing please notify our office and we will endeavour to correct or add the information as soon as possible.
You may access information about you held by us (subject to some exceptions allowed by law). For details please contact the Privacy Commissioner on email@example.com or 1300 363 992.
Unsubscribing from West Australian Ballet communications
If you would like to unsubscribe from any communications or opt-out of direct marketing please call our Customer Services Officer on (08) 9214 0707. Alternatively, you can directly unsubscribe from our email newsletter by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
Queries, concerns, complaints?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we deal with your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer on 1300 369 741.
If we cannot address your concerns to your satisfaction you have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted on 1300 363 992.
Need more information?
If you would like more information about privacy and the Privacy Act (including the National Privacy Principles), you can access the Privacy Commissioner's website on: www.privacy.gov.au
Private Box 838
South Melbourne Delivery Centre
VIC 3205 AUSTRALIA