School Holiday Workshops
School Holiday Workshops are a fantastic activity for young dancers to keep dancing over the holidays and to make new friends. Our specialist teaching artists will guide the students through a fun and creative ballet class in the studios at West Australian Ballet Centre.
Each session consists of a ballet workshop with one of our specialist teaching artists and time spent in the studio watching our company dancers at work. Parents may watch or help themselves to tea and coffee in our heritage foyer. Please note, this is not a “drop off & leave” activity. Parents or guardians must stay on premises whilst their child is in the building.
To redeem your child’s WAB Junior Members discount: at the checkout on the booking site, please enter the first two letters followed by the first two numbers of your child’s 2018 WAB Junior Membership number to receive the discounted price. You must have a current WAB Junior Membership to receive the discount
- 14 & 28 July (FREE – bookings open 30 June)
- 2-4 October
For the July School Holidays, West Australian Ballet will be hosting FREE workshops with the City of Perth as a part of WinterFest which include Storytime Sessions on The Nutcracker.
Storytime Sessions are for children aged 3-8 years and are a wonderful way to connect stories and movement. Each session begins with the workshop facilitator reading a classic ballet story, The Nutcracker, introducing the characters and world of ballet. Children are then led through a series of creative movement activities inspired the characters, the story and the music from this iconic ballet.
Storytime Sessions will be hosted at 9am, 10am, 11am and 1pm on both Saturday 14 and 28 July. Bookings are essential.
1. All bookings will be made via Try Booking, please click the “Book Now” button above.
2. Select the workshop you wish to attend.
3. Choose the correct pricing option.
4. Enter the details of the child attending.
5. This item is now in your shopping cart. Click on “continue shopping for this event” to add another day for the same child, or another age category for a sibling.
6. Please read the terms and conditions and event terms which includes West Australian Ballet’s Disclaimer Form. By proceeding past this point you are acknowledging you have read and agreed upon both documents.