School Holiday Workshops
School Holiday Workshops are a fantastic activity for young dancers to keep dancing over the holidays and to make new friends. Our specialist teaching artists will guide the students through a fun and creative ballet class in the studios at West Australian Ballet Centre.
Each session consists of a ballet workshop with one of our specialist teaching artists and time spent in the studio watching our company dancers at work. Parents may watch or help themselves to tea and coffee in our heritage foyer. Please note, this is not a “drop off & leave” activity. Parents or guardians must stay on premises whilst their child is in the building.
To redeem your child’s WAB Junior Members discount: at the checkout on the booking site, please enter the first two letters followed by the first two numbers of your child’s Junior Membership number to receive the discounted price. You must have a current WAB Junior Membership to receive the discount
- 15–19 April
- July TBC
- 2–4 October
April School Holiday Workshops:
Monday 15 April (Boys Only)
Wednesday 17 April
Thursday 18 April
4-6 year olds: 9.00am – 10.30am (Wed 17 and Thurs 18)
7-9 year olds: 10.00am – 11.45am (Wed 17 and Thurs 18)
10-12 year olds: 12.00pm – 1.45pm (Wed 17 and Thurs 18)*
8-10 year old Boys only: 9.00am- 11.30am (Mon15)*
11-13 year old Boys only: 9.00am- 11.30am (Mon15)*
*Minimum 1 year of dance experience (any style) recommended
$30 per child / $25 for Junior Members (4-6 yrs, 7-9 yrs and 8-10 yrs)
$35 per child / $30 for Junior Members (10-12yrs)
La Bayadere Repertoire Workshop
We have an exclusive opportunity for females aged 14 – 17 years to learn an excerpt from Act 2, Kingdom of The Shades. This scene is famous for the 32 travelling arabesques and stunning adagio performed by the corps de ballet.
Principal Ballet Mistress Sandy Delasalle-Scannella will lead this workshop and provide the opportunity for young female dancers to experience the technical and artistic brilliance of the movement.
Tuesday 16 April
$35 per child / $30 for Junior Members
HOW TO BOOK:
1. All bookings will be made via Try Booking, please click the “Book Now” button above.
2. Select the workshop you wish to attend.
3. Choose the correct pricing option.
4. Enter the details of the child attending.
5. This item is now in your shopping cart. Click on “continue shopping for this event” to add another day for the same child, or another age category for a sibling.
6. Please read the terms and conditions and event terms which includes West Australian Ballet’s Disclaimer Form. By proceeding past this point you are acknowledging you have read and agreed upon both documents.