Feel the devastation of heartbreak.
A 178-year-old tale of impossible love, vengeful ghosts and ultimate forgiveness. With coveted virtuoso roles and an iconic ‘white ballet act’, this Romantic-era ballet stands the test of time - maybe because first love and heartbreak resonates with us all.
Peasant girl Giselle, beautiful and innocent, falls for Albrecht, a prince in disguise. Discovering he is engaged to another, her grief and shock at his deception sends her mad. Dying of a broken heart, her spirit joins the ‘Wilis’ – ghosts of women betrayed.
The revengeful Wilis cruelly force men to dance to their death. Setting their eyes on Albrecht, Giselle must summon all within to save him from this terrible fate.
With stunning classical costumes, West Australian Symphony Orchestra will evoke your emotions as they masterfully present Adolphe Adam’s score.
Choreographers: Aurélien Scannella & Sandy Delasalle after Jean Coralli & Jules Perrot
Set & Costume Designer: Peter Cazalet
Lighting Designer: Jon Buswell
Composer: Adolphe Adam
Conductor: Jessica Gethin
Artistic Director: Aurélien Scannella
825 Hay Street
How to Book
- To book your Season Package over the phone, please call: (08) 9214 0707 (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm)
- To book your Season Package in person, please visit West Australian Ballet, 134 Whatley Cres, Maylands (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm)
- To book over the phone, please call: (08) 6212 9292 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
- For Group Bookings call: (08) 6212 9291 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
- For Accessible Seating bookings call: (08) 6212 9292 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
- To book in person, please visit: